Placed I have Worked (Outside UK)

Friday, March 20

Diplomats

Well diplomats are somewhat a dime a dozen in Brussels du to the number of Embassies, Missions and Delegations based there. Also as I reside near the BRU airport and actually work there, you get used to the convoy's of police cars and motorbikes picking them up and dropping them off. These occurrences along with the semi random huge jumps in local security, are just part of the day to day.

However, this mornings one was unusual enough for a double take. So diplomat x, fully kitted out in their speed riding gear on their bicycle completely blended in with the area, even with the neon outfit. The very large SUV (4x4) police car with blue flashing lights and trailing car with diplomatic tags both doing the same 15kph as the bike made everything just a little bit obvious.

 

I really felt sorry for the diplomatic protection police who are normally the byword for discreet protection for their foreign visitors.

 

Tell me what day it is and I will tell you where I am

Official mine of usless information

 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I liked this! It's so Prince Charles and his 'down among the people'. My favorite diplomat was the Australian Ambassador when I worked in Kathmandu. He had a long beard and rode a motorbike, which he'd had shipped out from oz. So cool and totally unpretentious. Great pool parties at the embassy too :-)

    ReplyDelete