Placed I have Worked (Outside UK)

Wednesday, April 8

Aardvark

So set myself up as a mine of useless information over at Aardvark (http://vark.com/).

 

Its one of those social sites that you hope makes enough critical mass to work.

 

To test it out I asked a question by sending an IM. Of course it was a real question I cared about " where can I get good sushi in Brussels?". It seems strange that in a town with so many foreigners in it I have not managed to find any decent Sushi yet.

I got an immediate answer from the Bot saying:

Aardvark says:

Got it. I'll find someone in your network who knows about **Japanese food**, and send them your question now.

I'll send you an answer in a few minutes!

 

True to its word quickly I received:

From Charles F./29/M/Brussels,BE, Re: **Japanese food**)

 

frankly, i haven't found anyplace truly great. samourai is well reputed, but i've never been. also rather pricey.

 

(Type 'thanks', or write back by starting with 'Charles:' -- like, "Charles: tell me more...")

 

I of course did send my thanks to Charles. Especially as I have been to Samourai (http://www.tablefinder.com/eng/Restaurant/samourai/) a resturant that delivers decent basic Sushi, while charging for a level of artwork it fails to diliver.

However, it was a real person providing real answers is real time.

 

Now I have to see if I can return the favor to someone else!

 

Tell me what day it is and I will tell you where I am

Official mine of usless information

 

2 comments:

  1. Pretty sure that's my friend Charles that answered you. A better Belgian gourmand could hardly be found. Plus I guarantee he loves his good sushi. (Also a Pulitzer Prize winning journalist but that's besides the point.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I will take recommendations on good food from anyone.
    One of the few highlights of my mad travelling is the ability to try different foods from around the world.
    Its nearly killed me a few times but it really is worth the risk.

    ReplyDelete